- Candidates must possess at least a Diploma related to Education. Preferably a
Bachelor’s degree in Education/Teaching/Training or equivalent.
- Required language(s): Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia. The instruction is delivered in English, so you must possess conversational English.
- At least 5 Year of working experience in the related field is required for the teaching positions (preferably in international schools)
- Required Skill(s): creative, artistic, organization, patience, flexibility, passion,
respect, teamwork, Instructional skills, Curriculum development, Creative lesson
planning, effective Classroom management, writing and speaking skills, Strong
communication skills, planning and organizing, problem-solving skills, energetic,
- Ready to start as soon as possible.
- Knowledge of the EYFS framework Curriculum is a plus
- Experience working with children with special needs is a plus.
- First Aid Training is a plus.
You will work under the direction of the Head Teacher Department that will help you set the necessary targets required by the Curriculum.
As a Teacher, you are responsible for providing early childhood education to children from 6 months up to 5 years old (depending on the class you would be teaching to). You must have childcare skills, and knowledge about safety and first aid technique is a plus. You have to be a valuable addition to our team of dedicated Teachers, Assistant teachers and Babysitters.
You must enjoy working in an environment where quickly adapting to changing conditions and rapidly assessing the needs of young students are essential and necessary skills.
As a Teacher in our centre, you must love being around children and have a passion for early childhood education. You must want to help children get a great start in life while informing their educational experience from an early age, as one of our hardworking Teachers.
You will have to make sure that the teaching and learning processes, the curriculum chosen by the school, and its application are correctly executed.
You will need to write and then submit the various reports required by the school and the curriculum, according to the conditions and deadlines set in advance.
DUTIES & RESPONSABILITIES
- Apply lessons that meet educational requirements following our Curriculum (Early Years Foundation Stage – EYFS) and teach in a manner suitable for the ages of all participating students
- Manage a busy classroom environment and provide the structure and discipline required for successful learning for everyone in the classroom.
- Collaborate with the classroom Teacher Assistant as a real team, and work within the curriculum guides and lesson plans provided by the school when planning activities that will encourage cognitive, emotional, social and academic development.
- Follow the lesson plans provided by the school for students according to the age, developmental maturity, and needs of the children, while including fundamental vocabulary, shapes, colours, letters and numbers.
- Help children meet educational milestones through personalised instruction and other supplementary assistance.
- Collaborate with every member of the staff to create an optimal learning and care environment.
- Provide helpful feedback to parents and/or guardians daily about their child’s progress toward academic and social goals in the classroom setting.
- Work with diverse populations of children and adults from a wide variety of cultural, linguistic and religious backgrounds.
- Address necessary interpersonal skills, such as sharing, taking turns and asking permission in the classroom.
- Work as a team with the Assistant Teacher and Babysitters when delivering instruction.
- Encourage children to participate, give directions, supervise all the students and motivate children to be creative.
- If necessary, in collaboration with Assistant Teachers and Babysitters, support children with special needs during classroom activities by ensuring their engagement during operations, accommodating disabilities and clarifying directions.
- Supervise children during free playtime to make sure every child is safe and accounted for.
- Work with a team of individuals to help promote the learning centre’s mission and high level of instruction.
- Create positive relationships with children, community members, coworkers, parents, and all of the stakeholder organisations.
- Follow the rules and procedures applied by the school.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS NEEDED
- A teaching degree related to education, or certificate in early childhood education (preferred).
- Ability to follow lessons plans provided by the school.
- Familiarity with classroom management skills
- Previous experience in an early childhood teaching environment is a plus.
- Experience working with children with a variety of needs.
- Have ethical and professional ethics to carry out the duties of this position.
- Experience successfully working with a culturally diverse staff and clients.
- Ability to make decisions on behalf of children and protect their well-being.
- Must be able to exercise discretion, confidentiality, loyalty whenever required.
- Ability to present a positive image of the organization to members of the community.
- All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for children. Therefore, each employee must, at all times, be emotionally stable and able to function effectively with children and/or adults. Hostility, aggression and unnecessary or inappropriate physical actions, as well as inappropriate emotional expressions, are not acceptable.
- Demonstrate skills and the ability to contribute effectively to a team environment.
- Have a pleasant personality and adaptability.
- A caring and patient personality.
How to Apply?
Applications have to be submitted with a cover letter explaining why you would like to join our Team and why we should pick YOU especially, along with your full and updated Curriculum Vitae. To apply, either submit your information down under on the link provided or send these elements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state the specific role you are applying for.
Please note that we receive many requests and are unable to respond to all requests. You will be contacted if you are shortlisted for an available position.
If contacted, you will be invited to a first interview with the Head Teacher, and if favourable, to a second one later, with the Directors.