- Candidates must possess at least a Diploma related to Education. Preferably a
Bachelor’s degree in Education/Teaching/Training or equivalent.
- Required language(s): Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia. The instruction is
delivered in English, so you must possess conversational English.
- At least 1 Year of working experience in the related field is required for the assistant teacher positions (preferably in international schools)
- Required Skill(s): creative, artistic, organization, patience, flexibility, passion,
respect, teamwork, Instructional skills, Curriculum development, Creative lesson
planning, effective Classroom management, writing and speaking skills, Strong
communication skills, planning and organizing, problem-solving skills, energetic,
- Ready to start as soon as possible.
- Experience working with children with special needs is a plus.
- First Aid Training is a plus.
You are looking for a way to make a difference in the lives of children. You will need to be a dedicated individual, be patient, and be committed to making the classroom experience meaningful and enriching.
You will be working in our centre and making connections with young learners and their families.
In the classroom, you will be tasked to assist with a variety of learning activities, crafting activities as well as outdoor activities. That way, you will help prepare young minds to be lifelong learners. You will be the class partner of the teacher in charge and assist in teaching children-oriented lessons from 6 months to 6 years. In collaboration with the teacher in charge, you will have to make sure that the teaching and learning processes, the curriculum chosen by the school, and its application are appropriately executed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the classroom teacher in charge, and work within our curriculum guides (Early Years Foundation Stage – EYFS) and lesson plans provided by the school when planning activities that will encourage cognitive, emotional, social and academic development.
- Assist the classroom teacher in charge when delivering instruction, by preparing, and distributing crafting and learning materials for teaching.
- Assist the classroom teacher in charge by encouraging children to participate, giving directions, supervising small groups of students and motivating children to be creative.
- If necessary, support children with special needs during classroom activities by ensuring their engagement, accommodating disabilities and clarifying directions.
- In cooperation with the teacher in charge, converse with parents daily about their child’s progress toward academic and social goals in the classroom setting.
- Supervise children during free playtime to make sure every child is safe and accounted for.
- Work with a team of individuals to help promote the learning centre’s mission and a high level of instruction.
- Create positive relationships with children, community members, coworkers, parents, and all of the stakeholder organisations.
- Follow the rules and procedures applied by the school.
- Have adapted professional ethics to carry out the duties of this position.
- Have a previous experience working with children with a variety of needs.
- Have a previous experience successfully working with a culturally diverse staff and clients.
- You must be able to make decisions on behalf of children and protect their well-being.
- You must be able to exercise discretion, confidentiality, and loyalty whenever required.
- You must have the ability to present a positive image of the organisation to every member of the community.
- All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for children. Therefore, each employee must, at all times be emotionally stable and able to function effectively with children and/or adults. Hostility, aggression and unnecessary or inappropriate physical actions, as well as inappropriate emotional expressions, are not acceptable.
- Demonstrate skills and the ability to contribute effectively to a team environment.
- Have a pleasant personality and adaptability.
- You must have a caring and patient personality.
HOW TO APPLY?
Applications have to be submitted with a cover letter explaining why you would like to join our Team and why we should pick YOU especially, along with your full and updated Curriculum Vitae. To apply, either submit your information down under on the link provided or send these elements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state the specific role you are applying for.
Please note that we receive many requests and are unable to respond to all requests. You will be contacted if you are shortlisted for an available position.
If contacted, you will be invited to a first interview with the Head Teacher, and if favourable, to a second one later, with the Directors.