We are very proud to offer year-round Early Learning Playgroups, Preschool programs and quality daycare for children aged six months to 6 years. In a positive and dynamic environment, our centre is a place for children of all nationalities, from all cultural, religious and linguistic backgrounds, to learn, share, socialise and discover new exciting and surprising things every day.
Being small is essential for us because it means focusing on the early childhood program. The activities will result in a higher concentration on the education and well-being of your child. From a cognitive point of view, it offers us the opportunity to deepen the program and to go through it more quickly. It is also beneficial from a social point of view by making the participation of all children unescapable.
The age gap between the children in our classes is small, which makes the environment less intimidating. With fewer students, our centre offers a more intimate and personalised learning environment and allows the most coherent vision possible among staff and educators. We believe these are major aspects that support school readiness, self-confidence, and resilience in early childhood.
1 – OUR MISSION
We believe that early childhood education and support provide what children need to succeed in life.
Between birth and the age of 6, the child (ren) experiences a period of rapid and extremely rich development – It is the period when children develop cognitive skills, which are the foundation of all academics, as well as character skills, socio-emotional growth, gross motor skills and executive functioning, such as problem-solving. Therefore, as part of this major step in their development, we need to create a safe, reliable, balanced and positive environment in the lives of children.
Our primary mission is, therefore, to make every effort to facilitate the excellent development of your children by providing them with appropriate and relevant education to offer them the keys to their own future. We give them all the necessary foundations in the personal, social and emotional areas and communication, language and motor skills.
That is why at the UKC, we have chosen to focus all of our efforts on early childhood development. Giving the right basics to the child(ren) significantly improve children’s chances of academic success and is the best gift we can give them for their future.
2 – OUR VISION
Learning through play and socialisation is how children explore, test and naturally discover the physical, social, emotional and intellectual world around them and how they are part of it in the best possible way. It is the foundation of our play-based Curriculum.
The first years of your children, especially those in preschool where they are in close contact with their peers, are a fascinating period determining their future. Each new experience and discovery helps to shape who they are and who they will become. While children play, work, speak, think, invent and create, they develop the skills they will need throughout their lives.
It is the moment when their curiosity and imagination explode! It is one of the critical moments of their development when they seek to make sense of what surrounds them, of what they are experiencing. It is, therefore, an ideal time to give them all the right foundations to enable them to reach their full potential. We believe that through play-based education, children organise themselves and make sense of their social world while actively engaging with people, objects and representations. Children can play alone and explore different materials, but they also play with each other and use materials to represent other objects. It is of great value in developing cognitive, imagination and social skills. While doing so, children can learn many different skills they will need in their life, such as:
- Problem-solving and understanding cause and effect
- Learning how to play with others through compromise, conflict resolution and sharing
- Develops social and emotional skills
- Development of fine and gross motor skills
- Nurturing their creativity and imagination
- Discovering their independence and positive self-esteem
- Encourages language skills
- Supports pre-literacy skills
- Explore, develop and represent learning experiences that help them to make sense of the world
- Practise and build up ideas, concepts and skills
- Learn how to understand the need for rules
- Take risks and make mistakes
- Communicate with others as they investigate or solve problems.
3 – OUR KEY GOALS
Four themes underpin the learning and development that your child will take part in through our Curriculum, which are:
- A Unique Child – Every child is a competent learner from birth and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
- Positive Relationships – Children learn to be strong and independent from a base of loving and secure relationships with parents and carers.
- An enabling environment – The environment plays a crucial role in supporting and extending a child’s development and learning.
- Learning and Developing – Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates, and all areas of learning and development are equally important.
4 – OUR VALUES
- Safe – A safe indoor and outdoor environment is our priority. We have set strict Drop-off and Pick-up Procedures, requiring previous registration, proving IDs, names, phone numbers, Etc. A mechanism locks the school door that the child(ren) cannot operate, equipped with a double door (whose second door is also double latched – in and outside), and monitored by our security service at all times. We also have the whole school covered by CCTV video surveillance composed of over 30 cameras. Finally, our security service, composed of officers holding a police license, is present 24/7.
- Inspiring – When play is central to our activities, children are inspired and will discover the love of learning. Play is far more potent for children than many parents realise. It’s the key to learning. Researchers and educators worldwide have found that play can help enrich learning and develop critical skills such as inquiry, expression, experimentation, and teamwork.
- Steady – We aim to provide reliable and qualified care and education all year round. Our instructional staff are regularly trained, have to take specific training during the year (such as first aid, for example), and are periodically evaluated.
- Enabling environment – Our responsibility as educators working with a play-based program is to facilitate play, draw and extend what children learn through play. Therefore, the environment, daily routines and the educator’s roles are inseparable elements that make it possible to achieve this objective. Besides, we have designed our environment as rich and varied spaces where risks are minimised and well-managed, and where children are safe from harm and abuse.
5 – BOARD OF GOVERNANCE – YAYASAN ANAK SERIBU BANGSA (YASB)
The Yayasan Anak Seribu Bangsa (YASB) is an association working in the field of school education while holding an international program with an organisational structure comprising several founders. The school was founded in 2014 by a group of individuals concerned with developing quality education in Indonesia.
Organised as a non-profit organisation, The YASB is the organisation that governs the school and is the legal entity under which it operates. The executive committee appoints its different members to assume the operational responsibility of the school, the proper management of the accounts, and all activities carried out by the YASB and the school. Operating in Indonesia, the YASB falls under the legal jurisdiction of the laws, rules and regulations of the Republic of Indonesia.
As a non-profit association, the primary objective of the YASB is to provide world-class early childhood education. For this, the YASB offers significant opportunities for learning, collaboration and exchange. The YASB works closely with the school Directors to oversee the implementation of this vision and mission.
6 – ACCREDITATIONS AND AUTHORISATIONS
School accreditations are essential. This is the only guarantee proving that the content and quality of the Curriculum, teachers, equipment, and facilities have been assessed and meet specific expected standards. They are extremely challenging to receive, require a visit to the premises, visibility of the entire Curriculum offered to ensure that it is in line with the excellent development of the children, a review of all the staff, and the proper keeping of the school’s accounts.
They also assure parents that the school is appropriately recognised and identified and that we are authorized to issue official school certificates.
At the Umalas Kids Club, we pride ourselves on being a fully-fledged preschool with legitimate and comprehensive certifications, authorizations and licences issued by the Ministry of Education. We hold all corresponding NPSN numbers for the relevant licenses and the authorization to run all our programs.
Our licenses and accreditations are grouped under our set PAUD (Pendidikan Anak Usia Dini) – Early Childhood Education and Development.
- Taman Penitipan Anak (TPA) – Daycare. NPSN 70036250 *
- Kelompok Bermain (KB) – Early learning playgroups. NPSN 70036248 *
- Taman Kanak kanak (TK) – Kindergarten. NPSN 70036249 *
* NPSN (Nomor Pokok Sekolah Nasional)
7 – PARTNERSHIP
The Umalas Kids Club is proud to be officially recognized as one of the top preschools in Bali by the BIS Bali Island School (Previously Bali International School), the oldest and most established international school in Bali.
We were chosen among all the Bali preschools because of our excellent reputation, professionalism, the quality of our programs, our school’s guiding statement, our approach to learning, the curriculum on offer, our values and student cohort, and our status as an accredited school.
Since January 2023, we have been official partners of the BIS school and BIS ambassadors with a shared desire to provide your children with the best possible international Education in Bali and the best possible future!